Our laboratory is at the heart of what we do. It is the place where new technologies are developed, current technologies are enhanced, and all technologies we stand behind are rigorously tested to meet or exceed our clients performance needs.
Members of the Cupron science team specialize in a variety of disciplines, including Chemical Engineering, Microbiology, Textile Engineering, Virology, and Clinical Laboratory Science. This multi-disciplinary skill-set enables our science team to use the latest research and findings to efficiently manage QA/QC of products bearing the Cupron name, utilize cutting edge methods of experimentation, create new and evolve existing textile technologies for increased capabilities, and develop innovative solutions for clients’ product performance. It is our mission to consistently deliver the best technology, quality technical support, and valuable feedback to clients.
Within the Cupron laboratory our science team runs a wide array of standardized physical, chemical, and biological testing on both textiles and polymeric materials such as hard surfaces and films,. We are capable of executing a variety of test methods under the following standards: AATCC (primary), US-EPA, JIS/JAFET, ASTM, and ISO. Cupron’s team also works with partners to develop specific assays to support product claims, or to test products in the most real world ways.
Physical textile analyses/capabilities:
- Color, and Weight Analysis.
- Denier Per Filament & Yarn Count.
- Magnified Photography: 20-400x digital microscopy.
Chemical textile analyses/capabilities:
- Antimicrobial Characterization: quantity, type and activity.
- Human Odor Capture Efficacy.
Biological textile analyses:
- Antimicrobial Efficacy: Both Qualitative and Quantitative using internationally recognized standards e.g. AATCC, JIS, ASTM, ISO, and specific protocols for product claims (US EPA hard surfaces).
- Simulated Use Testing: Physical, mechanical, wash and wear testing durability of antimicrobial treated textile products.