Our laboratory is at the heart of what we do. It is the place where new technologies are developed, current technologies are enhanced, and all technologies we stand behind are rigorously tested to meet or exceed our clients’ performance needs. Cupron’s science team excels in conducting innovative research, continuously pushing the boundaries of technology, and exploring cutting-edge advancements to revolutionize our industry.
Members of the Cupron science team specialize in a variety of disciplines, including Chemical Engineering, Microbiology, Textile Engineering, Virology, and Clinical Laboratory Science. This multi-disciplinary skill-set enables our science team to use the latest research and findings to efficiently create new and evolve existing antimicrobial technologies for increased capabilities, develop innovative solutions for clients’ product performance, and manage QA/QC of products bearing the Cupron name. It is our mission to consistently deliver the best technology, quality technical support, and valuable feedback to clients.
Within the Cupron laboratory our science team runs a wide array of standardized and custom physical, chemical, and biological testing on both textiles and polymeric materials such as hard surfaces and films. We are capable of executing a variety of test methods under the following standards: AATCC (primary), US-EPA, JIS/JAFET, ASTM, and ISO. Cupron’s team also works with partners to develop specific assays to support product claims, or to test products in the most real-world ways.
Physical textile analyses/capabilities:
- Color analysis
- Denier per filament & yarn count
- Surface morphology and topology analysis
- Optical and fluorescence microscopy
- Surface wetting behavior characterizations
- Optical density measurements
- Zeta potential measurements on material surfaces
Chemical textile analyses/capabilities:
- Quantification, identification, and assessment of antimicrobial agents in various substrates
- Human odor capture efficacy
- Chemical synthesis
- Surface and near-surface chemistry characterizations by ATR-IR and XPS
Biological textile analyses:
- Antimicrobial efficacy: both qualitative and quantitative using internationally recognized standards e.g. AATCC, JIS, ASTM, ISO, and specific protocols for product claims (US EPA hard surfaces)
- Simulated use testing: physical, mechanical, wash and wear testing durability of antimicrobial treated textile products
- Anti-fungal test using ASTM G21 standard
- Protein adsorption study
- Qualitative and quantitative cytotoxicity using ISO 10993-5 standard
- Mammalian cell adhesion study
- Biofilm study